“Exposure to sharp steel edges and strapping should be eliminated or minimised so far as is reasonably practicable.” Australian Steel Group Industry 2010 CableSafe Sharp Edges Corner Protect is easily applied. High quality magnets (245 Newton) ensure the corner protect will always stay in place. Our sharp edge cover improves safety in the workplace.
Sharp Edges Corner Protection
How to reduce injuries with sharp edges
Contact with sharp edges is routine in many engineering jobs. Injuries are common:
- where people are involved in handling sheet or strip metal;
- during work at presses, where small pieces of metal with sharp edges are handled frequently;
- following accidental contact with scrap metal, banding or swarf, principally during cleaning and disposal;
- by contact with machinery blades, cutters or tools (for example when fitting, removing, cleaning or storing).
- How to reduce injuries with sharp edges
- Benefits protection against sharp object
How to reduce injuries with sharp edges
In any engineering industry, safety is the first priority. Sharp metal edge protection is essential at such a place because contact with sharp edges is routine in many engineering jobs. Any carelessness can turn into an accident where manpower is the most vulnerable to fatal injuries. Sharp, metal edging is a major safety concern, especially when the edging is located where fingers, arms, and other limbs can reach it. Fortunately, all you need is some soft sharp edges protectors, sharp edge covers and a method to hold the edging in place to make the metal edging safe. For any given project, you will need to address its specific characteristics individually.
Sharp metal edge protection is especially needed when:
● People are involved in handling sheet or strip metal in the open or confined spaces
● During work at presses, where small pieces of metal with sharp edges are handled and are frequently found unguarded while the operation is being carried out
● Following accidental contact with scrap metal, banding, and principally during cleaning and disposal
● Contacting with machinery blades, cutters or tools (for instance while fitting, removing, cleaning or storing).
CableSafe Sharp Edges Corner Protect and sharp edge protection strip is easily applied. High-quality magnets ensure the sharp edges protectors will always stay in place. In order to keep the manufacturing go smoothly at the workshops, metal edge covers are extremely useful. Sharp edge protection strip has not only enhanced material life of equipment at CableSafe but also reduced to workplace injuries.
The sharp edge covers are designed with a keen focus on the material because even in a small engineering workshop, temperature and thus heating of machine caries and sharp edge covers must be strong enough to resist the heat without deterioration themselves. Sharp edge protection strip has to meet safety demands and also provide protection against dirt and dampness or resistance against extreme temperature loads. CableSafe does not compromise when it comes to cable protection since it is equally necessary to keep equipment safe as well as workers working on that equipment. From excellent flexibility to high flame-retardant properties to exceptional mechanical protection, CableSafe guarantees the highest quality and safety in all cable protection areas. Wherever cable protection and sharp edge cover is needed, there are unique requirements. Whilst cable protection in plant and machinery construction requires high levels of mechanical impact resistance and abrasion resistance, a cable protection conduit or braided sleeving used in public buildings or in rolling-stock must meet the highest fire safety standards.
Benefits protection against sharp object
- High safety level
- Clear marking
- Sustainable materials, Reusable
- Applicable to steel (magnet), wood (Screws)
- Stackable so space saving
- Temporary or permanent protection and clear marking
Dimensions 15 x 15 x 15 cm
Weight 254 grams
Advantages toe board barrier
- No hot work permit required
- Dropped object prevention
- No scaffolding required
- Installs from the top-side in minutes
- Sandwich grating
- Just as fast and easy to remove as it is to install
- Proven design has been successfully used for over 20 years
- Specified by many multi-national industrial companies
- Recommended by many engineering & construction firms
Cablesafe® are developed for the heavy industries with safety as its highest priority. Cablesafe Safety innovations have proven its usefulness for industries such as; refineries, chemical plants, shipbuilding, electrical and nuclear installation. Employees and contractors are convinced users of Cablesafe Safety Products. Some multinationals prescribe the use of Cablesafe in own company procedures to adhere to the highest safety practices.