This Statement, which applies to Westmark / CableSafe, sets out our environmental footprint policy and how we seek to deliver against it.
We recognize our responsibility to help protect the planet. We are committed to minimize the impact our company has on the environment and support those who are working to improve global environmental sustainability.
This policy sets out the steps we take to reduce the environmental impact of our activities in our main production facility;
- We are participant in Operation Cleansweep (prevention and cleaning up of plastic litter in and around the factories).
- The implementation of a MES system (optimal process, and monitoring unnecessary downtime).
- We use cooling water for oil machines: cooling back with free cooling.
- We optimize our business processes with, for example, pedigree charts and test sprayers to prevent failure.
- We always use standard procedures for wasting materials (everything is recycled). No plastic goes to the waste processor.
- All production halls are equipped with LED lighting.
- We use special electrical machines that consume less power than other variants.
- Most of our technical materials have to be pre-dried before processing. We use energy-saving material dryers.
To achieve this, we aim to minimise waste by reducing consumption and developing effective waste management and recycling procedures.